This position is responsible for supervising all day-to-day payroll and related compensation functions as well as managing The firm’s retirement plan programs. The Manager is responsible for the maintenance of historical compensation information as well as budgeting and forecasting data. Enhancing reporting for Sr. Management and creating efficient processes are also key aspects of the Manager’s function.
Payroll Group Oversight
• Supervising and reviewing bi-monthly payroll transmissions
• Reviewing pre-payroll reconciliation and approving payroll transmission
• Ensuring that The firm Payroll is updated to reflect changes in law / as well as any processing changes or enhancements.
• Maintenance of various benefit programs offered to employees as payroll deductions
• Maintain Cognos Reported reporting functionality to ensure accuracy and create efficiency in reviews
• Complete, review and maintain all payroll related Federal, State and Local agency filings
• Review monthly journal entries
• Coordinate with department heads and parent firm on monthly inter-company allocations
• Review monthly allocation amounts and journal entry
• Oversee all compensation related general ledger account reconciliations
• Coordination and management of annual financial audit (compensation items)
• Perform bi-monthly payroll reconciliation for earnings and taxes
• Perform monthly reconciliation for all general ledger journal entries created
• Perform monthly reconciliation for tax filings
• Perform monthly options exercise reconciliation
• Perform monthly loan payment reconciliation
• Relationship manager with the firm’s Retirement Services
• Oversee and perform plan administration functions such as:
o New participant education
o Review of termination documents
o Review of loan requests and status
o Address participant queries
o Calculation and review of quarterly plan contributions
• Review of monthly retirement accrual for financials
• Support Plan Administrative Committee in plan administration and decision making
• Conduct Retirement plan education sessions
• Prepare periodic reports for senior management
• Coordination and management of annual plan audit and Form 5500 filing
Budgeting and Forecasts
• Produce quarterly forecasts for internal management and parent corporation
• Develop, prepare and maintain open headcount and attribution templates
• Prepare compensation templates for parent corporation
• Review compensation reporting by departments and for profitability
• Compensation related Surveys
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
• Payroll or Compensation Benefits industry designation
• Working knowledge accounting principles
• Solid understanding payroll law and procedures Knowledge of qualified retirement plan laws and regulations
• Knowledge of nonqualified plan benefits and laws
• Able to partner and interface with HR personnel and effectively communicate with mid-level and upper management
• Detail oriented
• Able to effectively manage people, processes and projects
• Advanced working knowledge of MS Office tools such as:
• Access (a plus)Working knowledge of Ultimate Software or comparable Payroll Software
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to NY City.
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.