· Provide Linux Provisioning, Installation/Configuration, Operation, And Maintenance of Systems Hardware, Software and Infrastructure while assuring adherence to Organizational Standards.
· Will be responsible for Onsite Service and Support needs relating to all Technology including: Workstations, Servers (Physical and Virtual), Printers, Networks, and Vendor Specific Hardware and Software.
· Participate in Technical Research and Development to Enhance Innovation.
· Install New or Rebuild Existing Servers, Configure Hardware, Peripherals, Services, Settings, Directories, Storage, etc. in accordance with Standards and Operational Requirements.
· Research and Recommend Innovative and Automated Approached to Systems Administration Tasks.
· Provide Repair and Recover Services from hardware and software failures. Coordinate and Communicate status and results to Users
· Provide Technical Leadership and Guidance for VMware Installation, Configuration and Implementations.
· Responsible for creation of the Data Store for Virtual Machines and Data, deploy Virtual Machines and use Clones, Snapshots, and Templates. Perform periodic Health Checks for VM’s and ESX Host.
· Perform ongoing Performance Tuning, Hardware Upgrades, and Resource Optimization. Configure CPU, Memory and Disk Partitions. Perform periodic Performance Reporting to Support Capacity Planning.
· Maintenance of Data Center Environmental and Monitoring Equipment to ensure the most cost-effective and efficient use of servers.
· Ensure that all Technology Equipment is in compliance with industry standards.
· Monitor the use of the Web by Employees and Manage Email, Anti-Spam and Virus Protection Programs
· Apply OS Patches and Upgrades on a regular basis, and Upgrade Administrative Tools and Utilities.
· Configure/Add new Services as necessary.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science. Advanced Degree preferred. Must have strong, current Linux Systems Engineering / Administration experience
· Must have Demonstrated Expertise with VMware Products: VMware ESX, VCenter, SRM, vCloud Director, VCenter Operations
· Advanced knowledge of Linux (preferably RedHat) Operating System Administration and Multi-Tier Application Production Operations.
· Experience with Linux Performance Monitoring, Tuning, Troubleshooting, and Security Hardening.
· Advanced knowledge of Active Directory and domain management skills, and demonstrated capability designing the Active Directory schema.
· Ability to successfully manage multiple, large, complex projects from inception through completion.
· Ability to work under pressure and be highly adaptable.
· Must also have experience with Windows Based Computer Applications (MS Office Suite) and other Network, Software And Application Environments
· The following Certifications (or similar Certifications) are strongly desired:
· RHCSA: Red Hat Certified System Administrator
· VCP: VMware Certified Professional
· CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate
· MCP: Microsoft Certified Professional
This is a Permanent, Full Time Position.
All Candidates MUST be local to Farmingdale, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, No Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ