Multi-Platform System Administration Manager
We are seeking a Hands-On Manager who will be responsible for directing the System Administration Team and for ensuring that all Hardware, Software, Operating Systems and related procedures adhere to Organizational Policies and Standards. Will support Information Technology (IT) and Business Solution (BS) Staff on Projects, Organizational Initiatives and Implementations. Activities will include: definition of technical needs, requirements, strategy and technical analysis, design and implementation and participating in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Strong Management experience and Hands-On skills with Linux/Unix and Windows are non-negotiable Must Haves.
· Manage, Direct and provide Technical Guidance for the day to day efforts of the System Administration Team and other IT Units.
· Coordinate Implementation Plans, Time-Schedules, Deployment Activities, And Overall Product Roll-Outs with IT, Business, and/or Vendor Project Leads.
· Design and implement infrastructure improvements to ensure optimal network and application performance and scalability.
· Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware and software upgrades, and resource optimization as needed.
· Design, develop and implement server and network solutions.
· Responsible for the monitoring, maintenance, and repair of the corporate server environment verifying the integrity and availability of all server instances, server resources, systems and key processes.
· Interface with IT team to ensure all system requirements are clearly defined, implemented and tested.
· Perform performance evaluations and recommend improvements or salary increases.
· Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
· Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
· Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
· Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures. Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
· Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
· Must have strong, current experience with Linux and Windows Server Operating Systems, Patching Technologies, VM Administration (KVM required), Image/Deployment Technology, Network and System Tuning, Active Directory Services, Troubleshooting Hardware, Software and O/S issues.
· Current IT Management experience including: Staff Performance, Budget Management, Vendor Management, and Contractor Administration.
· Hands-On experience in TCP/IP and Ethernet networking including Network Switches, Firewalls, DHCP and DNS Servers, Wi-Fi Networking and WAN. Phone system experience is a plus.
· Experience with Open Source tools and programs (Cacti, Nagios, OpenLDAP, bind, iptables, Alfresco, Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, KVM).
· Must be capable of using scripting languages (Perl, PHP, Shell).
· Technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing effective procedures and systems requirements that meet business requirements.
· Able to work independently, under general supervision and as a part of a team, on several concurrent tasks with changing priorities.
· Must have excellent and effective communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal).
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to Island Park, Long Island, NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ