Web Operations Engineer
We are seeking a Web Operations Engineer to join our web team to help build, maintain, and support our Salesforce.com instance and web infrastructure. The successful candidate will work closely with our development team to uphold a high level of standards for our web properties. Our ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of web, infrastructure, and application monitoring. This position will also interface with other technical operations groups, including but not limited to, application support, infrastructure operations, and change management.
· Evaluates, recommends, and implements procedures and monitoring solutions for web based applications
· Works with development teams to troubleshoot issues or potential issues
· Works with server infrastructure team in implementing hardware and OS requirements
· Executes all software builds for production
· Responsible for patching environment(s)
· Overall operational responsibility for all software lifecycle environments
· Complies with company policies and procedures and maintains regular work attendance
· Actively participates in a 24/7 on call rotation
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience along with at least three years working in an IT Web Operations function
· Experience with Web server farms and load balancing
· Working Knowledge of Microsoft Server and IIS technologies
· Experience with .Net web applications performance analysis and capacity planning
· Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, SSL
· Knowledgeable in Microsoft clustering and other high availability technologies
· Experience with creating software builds
· Experience supporting object oriented, distributed enterprise class applications
· Knowledge of SQL and strong database operations knowledge
· Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
· Broad knowledge of multi-tier application development methodology
· Working Knowledge with web infrastructure and required operational functions
· Serve as backup to current SalesForce administration staff
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Passion for learning new technologies and web operations initiatives
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Plainview, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ