The Software Developer is responsible for Full Lifecycle Development, including Modeling, Governance, Warehousing, Integration and Delivery Aspects of Web Based Applications. Also responsible for Report Development, SQL Development, and System Administration in our Flexible and Fast Paced Environment..
· Software Development:
· Develops new Web and Windows Applications and Services using .Net and SQL technologies.
· Collaborates with team members and end users to develop application systems and related business processes.
· Develops stored procedures, functions and other objects to support software solutions
· Performs unit testing and assists with troubleshooting existing systems.
· Maintains day to day business processes/ bug fixes in supported systems.
· Completes software projects by developing and executing software testing components, developing automation solutions throughout software development life cycle to identify issues.
· Performs test case development, tests results analysis, defects reporting, requirements review, test case review, code review and software architecture review.
· Performs or assists in creation of back-end databases and works with DBAs to implement a turnover plan.
· Identifies and resolves programming problems by following various methods, system development methodologies, and through guidance of more senior software developers.
· Working Relationships / User Interface:
· Regular contact with management and team members to clarify user needs and plan delivery of major product changes and future versions
· Contact as needed with users to gathering information pertaining to request and ensuring solution provided meets needs
· Process Improvement:
· Reviews current practices to improve efficiencies and identifies opportunities to achieve more simplified, scalable solutions for software, process, reporting, or other technology improvements and make recommendations to management.
· Report Administration:
· Develops, implements, and maintains internal and external reports utilizing SQL Server Reporting Services to assist in all business and technology aspects of daily operations.
· Best Practices;
· Learns and develops new skills through training processes to enhance technical expertise and general organizational contribution.
· Technical Documentation:
· Documents program code in accordance with development standards and procedures.
· Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field; Advanced Degree a plus
· Minimum of 3 years working as a programmer utilizing related technologies or in developing applications required; experience in financial industry preferred
· Will have a solid core knowledge of Software Design and Architecture
· Must have current experience with C#.Net, ADO.Net, SQL, XML, ASP.Net, IIS, and Web Services, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, Relational Database Concepts (Microsoft SQL Server and Stored Procedures)
· Experience with PowerShell, LINQ, Telerik, Infragistics, Agile, TDD, WCF, MVC, MVVM, Visual Basic, AJAX, HTML5, Silverlight Technologies, Crystal Reports and experience with Integrating With Third Party Systems are Deciding Plusses / Nice to Haves
· Will have current abilities in the following:
· Multi-tasking while maintaining careful attention to detail
· Work effectively both individually and within team environments
· Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities
· Proficient skills with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Must have effective English written, listening and verbal communication skills
· Effective problem solving and organizational skills
· May perform other duties as required and assigned.
· Must be available to work occasional weekends or stay late for upgrades if needed
This is a Permanent, Full Time Position.
All Candidates MUST be local to Plainview, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, NO Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ