AS/400 Computer Operator
We are seeking an experienced Computer Operator for an operations position in our data center. The candidate will be responsible for making sure all jobs and tasks are completed on a daily basis for all corporate and store operations. This position will report to the operations supervisor. Must be reliable, accurate and dedicated to ensuring their work is completed to the required standards. Must be flexible with the ability to adapt to new technologies and processes as they arise.
· Be flexible to cover shifts when others are out
· Detail oriented and accurate in their work
· Follow instructions fully and accurately
· Work well with others
· Good communication skills
· The role primarily focuses around AS/400 operations:
· Run jobs and commands from a menu, job scheduler and command line:
o Print reports for payroll.
o Print checks for payroll and AP.
o Print Employee discounts.
· Check control strings to verify job completion.
· Check QSYSOPR messages for AS/400 job completion.
· Run backups including GO SAVE 21.
· Must have familiarity with Windows Operating Systems:
· Interact with SQL servers to verify and run jobs.
· Work with store servers to resolve
· Windows and POS issues.
Must be flexible in shift scheduling and open to working early or late hours, and on some holidays.
· 5 days (shifts) across the week
· Weekdays 7am-4pm, 8am-5pm, 11am-9:30pm, 3pm-11am
· Weekends 7am-1:30pm
· Work some holidays
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates Must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Plainview, Long Island, NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Resumes from outside of the United States will NOT be read