· Full lifecycle application development to include: designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages.
· Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis.
· Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD).
· Software modeling and simulation; Software testing and quality assurance.
· Front end graphical user interface design.
· Support, maintain and document software functionality.
· Integrate software with existing systems.
· Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation.
· Project Planning and Project Management.
· Maintain standards compliance.
· Implement localization or globalization of software.
· Build and modify Enterprise applications, develop web applications, and client server applications.
· Develop modifications and enhancements to application software as directed by your manager.
· Perform service calls on application software if operations group cannot resolve
· Follow software development best practices to ensure compliance with MIS standards
· Develop project plans and meet schedules. Demonstrate working software frequently
· Generate all documentation required in the software development process, including software requirement specifications, software design descriptions, verification and validation plans, and other items as required
· Write test plans for each level of software verification, including unit tests, functional tests, integration test, and system tests. Take personal responsibility to ensure that tests are carried out properly.
· Participate in team reviews to communicate and validate decisions
· BA/BS Degree, Advanced Degree a plus. Should have a minimum of 5 years experience in applications development
· Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills needed
· Proficiency in Web Design, JAVA, SOL, Data Modeling, and IBM Rational Tools
· Programming experience in Retail/Wholesale systems environment
· Ability to exercise independent judgment
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to Melville, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
Resumes from outside of the US will not be read