Major Midtown Manhattan Engineering Consulting Firm has an opening for an Electrical Engineer to work closely with architects and owners from around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability and energy performance of the built environments. Our Engineers work on high quality, high-profile, national and international projects. You will actively participate in the full project cycle, from the design phase through the final construction close-out.
You will also be expected to lead the electrical design on a variety of project types, and lead larger multi-discipline teams as the project manager, directly interfacing with the client. As a project manager, you will regularly meet with clients, organize in-house resources, develop project proposals and budgets, mentor junior staff, prepare technical reports/specifications, and contribute to the overall business development of the company.
· Service utility coordination
· Power distribution
· Fire alarm
· Low voltage infrastructure
· Emergency power systems
· UPS design
· Coordination with city and state permitting agencies
· Construction administration
· Project Management
· Attend client meetings
· P.E. License is Required
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
· Must have current experience designing electrical systems for the built environment. Project experience submitted for consideration should include buildings on which you have actively participated in the project from the design phase through the final construction close-out.
· Strong working knowledge of building and energy codes
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients.
· Special consideration will be given to those candidates who have successfully demonstrated innovative design experience specifically related to renewable energies and sustainable, high performing buildings.
· LEED AP is preferred
· Working knowledge of Revit preferred
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to New York City (Manhattan)
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
Resumes from outside of the US will not be read