Data Warehouse & Reporting Analyst
· Document and/or analyze business requirements that drive the development and design of technical reports by analyzing report requests with respect to cross-product functionality, return on investment and process flow.
· Design, develop, and implement reports in the data warehouse reporting environment utilizing business requirements.
· Maintain and enhance existing reports and queries as well as database model to meet new/updated business requirements.
· Perform impact analysis of all projects with respect to reporting needs.
· Design, develop, implement and maintain SQL Server SSIS packages that import data daily from various source systems, including some FTP.
· Monitor data integrity on source systems; Coordinate data updates with software support and programming.
· Ensure data integrity of deployed reports.
· Troubleshoot data anomalies, report inconsistencies and report failures.
· Working with Systems, perform hardware and software upgrades as appropriate to remain current with mainstream technology.
· Maintain and implement report development standards and procedures.
· Document consistent resolution codes for all tasks to be used for analysis and improvements.
· Monitor database and report performance and implement appropriate solutions to identified performance issues.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Minimum 3-years’ experience with SQL development in a data warehouse and reporting environment
· Development of procedures, packages, and data extracts for system integrations using Microsoft SQL Server & SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2005/2008
· Experience using the Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) environment or equivalent
· Experience with Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word and Excel (including pivot tables)
· Ability to create/modify complex queries
· Proven ability to introduce and implement creative solutions while improving user experience/productivity
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Preferred experience with a web front-end for ad-hoc report generation
· Analyze and make recommendations towards enhancing functionality, reliability and/or usability of web analytics tools
· High attention to detail, consistency
· Insurance or Benefit Consulting industry experience a plus
· Knowledge of Perl scripting and/or IBM/Rocket UniVerse Database a plus
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to Nassau County, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE U.S. WILL NOT BE READ