Oracle Applications DBA-Engineer
Suffolk County based manufacturing firm needs an Oracle Applications DBA / Engineer to support a large number of Oracle based applications. We need strong, current application experience including architectural design, implementation, and production support of our Oracle products including Oracle e-Business Suite, Agile, WebLogic, SOA and OBIEE.
· Responsible for Database and Application Administration duties including installation, patching and change migration, monitoring, backup and recovery.
· Will build and configure both production and non-production Oracle Application environments.
· Coordinate with Release Management team to ensure releases are deployed correctly and that all change management processes are followed.
· Clone and refresh non-production environments with production data/configurations.
· Monitors and analyze various Log files using log analyzers to troubleshoot and debug application errors and events.
· Optimize application performance by tuning application server components as well as JVM options; updates system process documentation as required.
· Must be available for 24*7 on-call support as needed.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Advanced Degree a plus.
· Must have strong, current experience with design, implementation, and support of Oracle Applications including deployment and administering Oracle e-Business Suite (EBS).
· Must have current experience in deploying, administering, and tuning applications running on WebLogic.
· Must have demonstrated proficiency in 11g R2 and 10g RAC database, Data Guard, ASM, flash recovery, RMAN, AWR, ADDM and SQL tuning advisor. Must have a solid understanding of the R12 architecture and application tier and database tier components.
· Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 11g/12c.
· Well-versed with PL/SQL, SQL and Unix/Linux shell programming; will have strong Linux Administration Skills (RedHat, OEL).
· Experience in Oracle SOA 10g/11g installation and integration.
· Exadata and Exalogic experience a big plus.
· Must have excellent English verbal and written communication skills along with excellent leadership, interpersonal, organizational, and decision-making skills.
· Ability to explain complex technical issues in a simple way using non-technical analogies for all to understand. Ability to work and effectively communicate with senior management is critical.
· Must demonstrate ability to manage large workloads and project in fast paced, rapidly changing environments.
· Oracle Certified Professional or related Certification is ideal
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to Suffolk County, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
Resumes from outside of the US will not be read