• The Project Manager will be responsible for meeting with users to gather requirements, develop requirements, documentation and specifications.
• Will write specifications based on requirements and review these specifications with the development team and Senior Management.
• Will track project status with the development team and report status to management.
• Serve as primary liaison to business partners or users and provide recommendations for improved system processes.
• Develop deliverables related to project including feasibility studies, risk assessment, project initiation reports, staffing, project organization outlines, and standards and control procedures.
• Managing key internal client relationships with project stakeholders.
• Monitor project timelines, deliverables, quality assurance, and customer service.
• Report status to users, identify, and resolve risks that influence project completion.
• Develop new processes as necessary to ensure mission critical systems are completed; provide expertise in identifying appropriate methodologies for large-scale development efforts.
• Lead highly skilled, cross-functional teams (Software Development, QA, IT Operations, and Business Stakeholders) across multiple projects.
• Prepares and delivers formal presentations to colleagues and management.
• Develop and manage budgets for assigned project(s), monitor project progress and adjust resources and priorities accordingly.
• Adjust resources as necessary to ensure project success and completion. Assist in staffing activities related to projects, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Information Systems or equivalent experience is required
• Will have high energy, enthusiasm and be a proactive self-starter with the ability to manage multiple, large, complex projects from inception through successful completion.
• Three years of experience managing project budgets in excess of $1M; must have the ability to manage project budgets; understand and validate estimates, cost variance tracking, etc.
• Minimum of five years of experience in a Business Analysis, Project Leader/Management role
• Project Management Certification (PMP) preferred.
• Maintain active membership in related associations to stay abreast of the changes in the field (AMA, PMA, etc.)
• Proven experience with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and experience with Project Life Cycle (PLC)
• Experience with Secure Systems Engineering and Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is a definite plus.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Must have very solid oral, written and communications skills, the ability to mediate along with exceptionally strong presentation skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with excellent judgment and leadership skills.
• Aptitude to work under pressure and be highly adaptable while determining accurate timelines and deliverables.
• Effective team building/coaching skills with a strong ability to influence and motivate.
• Expertise in managing and working with teams across multiple locations
• Competent in Windows based computer applications (Microsoft Office), Microsoft Projects and Microsoft SQL Server etc.
This is a permanent, full time position –NOT a contract.
Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US. All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Huntington, L.I., NY.
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Sunday, September 4, 2011
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.