• The individual will work closely with the Applications Development team and the Equity Trading Desk in a support role.
• Associate Level position in the Applications group providing equity trading system support, including testing, business analysis and problem resolution.
• The candidate must have at least two years experience working with Linedata's Longview Trading System ("LVTS") version 6.x or later.
• This individual will be expected to write systems specifications, provide testing of in-house development, as well as testing of vendor upgrades.
• Additionally, the individual will be responsible for responding to ad-hoc requests, primarily focused on Equity Trading issues.
• Providing testing expertise, generating business requirements, and problem resolution in support of the firm's equity order management system (Longview Trading System), and related systems used in the lifecycle of an investment decision.
• Working with both in-house and vendor provided development teams to manage/prioritize on-going system enhancements to various systems.
• Addressing production related issues in the form of data analysis, assessing application/program functionality, and providing expert knowledge and training to end users.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• 2-5 years experience in application development (non-programming)
• Working knowledge of Longview Trading System (LVTS) version 6.x or later.
• Experience with business systems analysis or quality assurance testing.
• Familiarity with Omgeo OASYS and CTM a plus.
• Portfolio accounting, performance measurement, compliance or billing system experience is a plus.
• Experience with Oracle or SQL Server databases, including utilization of SQL to perform ad-hoc data requests.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
This is a permanent, full time position. Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to NY City.
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.