This is a Hybrid Role of SQL Database Administration and Windows Systems Administration (80/20)
• At least five years of solid, production-level experience with SQL Server (2008 ideal) is a must.
• Must have experience with SQL Server Clustering.
• Must have a strong Windows background (this is Not a UNIX shop). Windows Server 2003 / 2008 R2 Administration experience is also a must have.
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options is needed.
• Will have experience troubleshooting and resolving database and server issues
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models (RedGate SQL Backup Pro is ideal)
• Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts
• Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics
• Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS administration and report design)
• Some experience with SQL Server Integration Services
• Some experience with load-balanced Web Servers running IIS7 is a plus.
• Experience performing daily system monitoring
• Ability to verify the availability and integrity of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes and to verify completion of scheduled jobs such as virus scans and backups
• Ideally, will have experience with server farms: web servers, terminal servers, and others.
• Being an “Expert” is a bonus. BUT, “Curious” is also a requirement.
• Not being an expert at something is *NOT* a disqualifier.
• Not having the desire to learn what you don’t know *IS* a disqualifier. If you are the right person for this job, we’re happy to provide additional training as required.
• You must be team-oriented, yet self-motivated and directed.
• This role requires good communication and documentation skills. Be prepared to show us an example of something you have written previously, or better yet, if you happen to have a blog, please share the URL with us.
• During your interview, be prepared to share a previous project or particular piece of technology that excites you. We plan to discuss that project or piece of technology with you in order to get a more detailed picture of your technical skills and knowledge.
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to Bellmore, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
(All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications)
Thursday, March 3, 2011
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.