This role requires a skilled, independent, creative smart person who is familiar with the use of process management tools, techniques, and NOC best practices. The ideal candidate will be assertive, efficient and capable of working with multiple clients in a fast paced environment. The successful candidate will have the ability to plan ahead, set goals, prioritize, and manage multiple teams performing complex mission critical tasks simultaneously while maintaining an organized work environment.
This position requires a self motivated team player who has specific process experience and skills, is analytical, strong management skills and a strong work ethic.
The NOC Manager is responsible for:
• Leading the strategic and tactical activities to provide ongoing implementation of NOC best practices
• Meeting all customer SLAs within budget
• Creating the vision and direction for NOC Operations
• Ensuring the NOC remains an efficient and effective component of our IT Support operations
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Manages and develops NOC processes.
• Ensure standard operating procedures are maintained and executed
• Identify areas for improvement within the NOC environment and recommend enhancements for implementation
• Develops internal processes and solutions to track requirements, performance, and results regarding the delivery of services.
• Develop standard processes and procedures for call handling, escalations, change management, workflows and system maintenance
• Provide regular status reports and project information to the Management team including regular network trends and statistics and overall health and metrics for each client
• Collaborate with operations and field engineering teams to establish and document Network Standards and operational procedures to support all product offerings and meet SLA guidelines and stakeholder expectations. Participate in evaluating new potential technologies and products
• Ability to define, implement and enforce configuration management and change management policies and practices
Manages technical staffing requirements.
• Ensures all members of assigned technical teams are effective and fully utilized in order to provide high resource utilization.
• Manages shifts and scheduling to ensure proper coverage.
• Ensure on-call rotations and backup onsite support needs are covered
• Evaluates technical skills of the team and ensures there is an appropriate level of expertise.
• Determines when training is needed for both current solutions and new solutions, and coordinates training sessions. Training can range from formal external training to informal “lunch and learn."
• Manage vendor certification process and requirements.
• Provide procedural training to staff
• Perform performance objectives and performance reviews with all team members quarterly
• Ability to select, interview, and present final candidate(s) as potential members of NOC Operations staff
• Overall management of the NOC. Ensure continual process improvement within the NOC including but not limited to automation of NOC tasks and reporting, implementation of enterprise-wide monitoring initiatives, and routine administration tasks.
• Continually monitor, test, track and report results to management
• Management of NOC resources and backup pool resources
• Identify and interview candidate(s) for the network operations and implementation teams
• Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within the NOC; recommend prioritized enhancements and oversee implementation
• Ensure processes and procedures for common functions (e.g.: Reporting, Patches, Updates, Call Answering/Handling, Training) are in place to support scalable growth.
• Create a “how to" guide for installation/setup of services
• Ensure proper implementation of changes to operational procedures including review and training of NOC staff
• Create, implement and manage an on-boarding process for all new clients
• Manage the creation and maintenance of network diagrams and detailed site documentation
• Generate key reports for management including but not limited to: system availability, service level agreements, uptime and call handling
• Ensure that reports are accurate and delivered on time.
Routine Administrative Tasks:
• Monitor work queues to ensure 100% compliance with SLAs
• Ensure that operators are working issues as efficiently and accurately as possible
• Daily review of the NOC Shift Turnover Report to ensure that tasks (e.g.: performing backups, checking status of current jobs, processing files) are consistently completed on time.
• Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of partner contract nuances to execute programs effectively
Requirements for this position also include:
• Excellent leadership qualities
• Demonstrated history of successfully leading teams
• Excellent skills in developing processes and procedures
• Excellent oral communication skills
• Excellent writing and presentation skills
• Bachelors Degree
• 5-7 years of experience in Telecom industry, or 7-10 years experience in related industry
• 3-5 years of management experience
• Industry certifications are a plus
• Experience providing superior customer service.
• Experience with network monitoring reporting software.
• High energy and enthusiasm
• High attention to detail
• Must be a self-starter, highly motivated and possess a strong work ethic
• Flexible and able to function in a “hands-on" environment
• Positive and professional image
• Experience with external clients and managing a network operations center preferred
This is a permanent, full time position. Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Suffolk County, Long Island, NY.
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Friday, February 18, 2011
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.