Sr. Network Engineer
• Technical support resource for network related problems.
• Solid, current Cisco experience including Nexus Switch experience is a must have
• Recommends solutions to networking problems to improve performance.
• Sets up, maintains, tests, and troubleshoots data and voice networking equipment, PC's and servers. Tests systems in a laboratory setting to ensure proper operation.
• Will oversee network security, routers, etc.
• Monitors voice and data network systems and provides technical support for network related problems.
• Recommends solutions to voice and data networking problems to improve performance.
• Develop and maintain knowledge of voice and data hardware and software in use to maximize efficiency of the network and users' utilization of them.
• Reports problems with systems to appropriate administrator in a timely and efficient manner in an effort to keep down time to a minimum.
• Supports desktop and laptop hardware and operating systems.
• Sets up new PCs, upgrades PCs and laptops.
• User maintenance: adds, changes, and deletes from the system.
• Responsible for running and verifying backups for UNIX and/or Windows systems.
• Will participate in special projects and perform other duties as required
• Responsible for complying with standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
• Minimum of 3 years experience with data networks and security systems.
• Sensitive to matters/information of a confidential nature
• Should have a broad knowledge of network design and devices.
• Firm grasp of Cisco IOS and Juniper firewalls. Must have experience with Nexus swithes
• Knowledge of and experience with Windows operating system and standard desktop software packages.
• Cisco CCNA Certification is highly preferred.
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to Suffolk County, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.