The Sr. Director will lead the team in our Suffolk County headquarters. This is a Hands-On Management position for an Innovative Leader who is never satisfied with the status quo. Must have extensive experience with Health and Welfare related Benefits and Reporting environments (Cobra, ERISA, etc…). The ideal candidate will have experience working for a 3rd party administrator and will have managed Customer Service, Call Centers, Eligibility Analysts and Client Service Reps.
• Supervise/Lead a team of 7-10 internal personnel; including eligibility analysts, client services and customer service representatives
• Participate in a business process re-engineering effort by identifying and implementing business improvement opportunities for administrative department
• Author detailed design specifications and work with IT personnel to implement technology-based solutions, internally and with insurance carriers. (i.e. 941s, automated feeds)
• Maintain and manage on-line enrollment and proprietary benefit systems for client’s employees and open enrollment
• Annually Integrate client benefit plans and conduct open enrollments where necessary
• Establish performance measure for administrative team
• Oversee and manage day to day functions of the call center
• Oversee, review and authorize monthly payment to third-party insurers on behalf of our clients
• Oversee, review and authorize monthly invoicing to clients for health and welfare contributions
• Assist with proposals and power point presentations
• At least 7 years experience managing business process improvement initiatives and/or systems integration implementations.
• At least 3 years experience managing third-party vendors that provide high-volume, mission-critical operational services.
• Successful candidate will be a self-starter, results-oriented leader who requires minimal direction and oversight.
• Ability to identify and implement significant operational improvements while leading the day-to-day operations.
• Able to quickly recognize process deficiencies and fix them.
• Ability to appropriately prioritize multiple initiatives and tasks.
• Ability to thrive in a matrixed organizational structure.
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent analytic skills, including the ability to identify issues and develop actionable plans to remediate issues.
• Ability to interact with internal and external personnel at all levels within the organization.
• Ability to branch out beyond a specific span of control and play a leadership role in helping to define other areas of the business.
• Bachelor's Degree in business or related field required.
• Must be available for light travel
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.