Help Desk Technician (Smithtown, NY 11787)
The Support Center Level 1 Technician position is a mid-level technical position based in Smithtown, NY. This group is focused on resolving issues remotely for our nationwide client base. The Help Desk Technician responds to, resolves and escalates incoming technical client issues and requests submitted by phone or e-mail.
- Provide expert remote desktop support, expert systems administration, and intermediate to advanced systems engineering support with a focus on:
- - Service delivery quality
- -Technical excellence
- Drive to meet and exceed organizational goals for: Utilization, Customer Satisfaction, First Contact Resolution Rate and Average Speed to Answer
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills to provide phone support including:
- -Listening to the customer to gain an accurate understanding of the situation.
- -Being empathetic to the customer’s situation and having a sense of urgency to resolve the issue.
- -Producing accurate, detailed documentation at the client, problem and incident level.
- -Resolving conflict.
- Follow task creation, work, closure, and escalation procedures.
- Excel in the areas of: Remote troubleshooting, Client Service Skills, Professionalism and Punctuality.
- Will have current Call Center / Help Desk experience.
- Current experience with troubleshooting and providing remote technical support in Windows environments:
- -Current desktops, laptops, servers and networking basics.
- -Current Windows Desktop Operating Systems.
- -Current Windows Server Operating Systems and services.
- -Common desktop applications including Microsoft Office Suite.
- -Common TCP/IP services including HTTP, FTP, DNS, and DHCP.
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, attention to detail.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
This is a permanent, full time position; NOT A CONTRACT
All candidates MUST be local to Smithtown, L.I., NY. Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorship or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with ALL of these qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ