The Senior Systems Administrator will work closely with Technology and Business Staff Members to ensure that all Systems and Servers are functioning at optimum levels and are in line with organizational initiatives. Will be responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance and monitoring of all Hardware and Software in our environment (Servers: Network, Storage, Security, Applications and Web). Will take part in technical research and product evaluations to enable continuous innovation of our infrastructure by ensuring that hardware, software, applications and services are provisioned and maintained in line with the firm’s policies and procedures. Will participate in the definition of technical needs/requirements, strategic direction, design, testing and implementation throughout our infrastructure.
- Will be responsible for Physical and Virtual Servers, Operating Systems, Network Equipment, Systems Monitoring, Backup and Inventory along with Software and Applications
- Will assure Systems Performance, Stability and Reliability by using Hardware, Software, Application and Management Tools, Upgrades, Patches, etc…
- Communicate with End Users and coordinate with other Members of the Technology Staff during recovery efforts if system problems or failures occur. Responsible for the Troubleshooting, Repair and Recovery from any/all Hardware, Software and Service failures.
- Monitor the firm’s Technology Infrastructure and the response or escalation of events and issues which may require immediate troubleshooting and resolution.
- Must have strong, current experience in both Linux and Windows Server Administration along with Network Administration.
- Will have solid Hardware, O/S, Network and Application Troubleshooting and Tuning expertise.
- Will have thorough experience with: TCP/IP Networking, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, iptables, IPSec, OpenVPN, Radius, DHCP, DNS (bind), proxy servers, load balancers Wi-Fi and VoIP
- Will have current knowledge and experience with one or more Scripting Languages
- Demonstrated expertise in developing system requirements, diagrams, implementation plans, documentation, and in troubleshooting operational procedures.
- Will have current skills with Open Source Tools, Programs & Protocols: Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, Jetty, Java, SSL/TLS & Certificates, OpenSSL, OpenSSH, OpenLDAP, Cacti, Nagios, Bind, Alfresco, CIFS, Samba, NFS, iSCSI, LPR/LPD/CUPS, rsync, Amanda, Dirvish, Syslog, SNMP, SMTP/Sendmail, ClamAV, Squid, KVM virtualization.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well both independently and as a part of a team. Must have the flexibility to work on multiple, concurrent projects in a time sensitive environment.
- Absolutely must have excellent English communication skills (verbal & written).
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply unless authorized to work in the US. All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Island Park, L.I., NY. Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation. Relocation is NOT an option.