Working within our Hospital / Healthcare environment, the Data Analyst turns data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. Monitors quality control plans to identify improvements in the utilization of data as information.
- Conducts sophisticated and meaningful analyses using hospital administrative, clinical and non-clinical data.
- Manages relationships and communicate effectively with clinical and non-clinical Users, staff members and Management regarding performance and areas of improvement.
- Uses techniques to quality improvement, outcomes measurement and statistical analysis to inform decision making and ensure achievement of goals and measures outcomes.
- Uses statistical programs and query tools to organize large data-sets into workable formats and generate meaningful analysis and reports.
- Combines disparate data sources into an integrated database or data-set.
- Develops and implements data collection systems. Creates strategies to optimize data quality and statistical efficiency.
- Provides knowledge transfer to other Information Technology Team Members.
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science or related field; Advanced Degree a plus
- Must have current experience working on complex data management and analysis projects
- Must have strong, current experience Working with SQL / SAS or related database systems
- Strong data reporting experience
- Must be detail oriented, organized and analytical
- Will have a strong customer service orientation
- Experience working independently and within team environments
- Solid multitasking skills a must
- Data programming languages such as SQL, ORACLE, SAS or similar required.
- Strong English communication skills (both oral and written) are an absolute must have
Nice to have:
- Understanding of Healthcare/Hospital clinical and financial data, healthcare terms and reimbursement methodologies preferred.
- Current experience with healthcare related data management preferred.
- SAS / SQL Certification preferred.
This is a permanent, full time position – NOT A CONTRACT. All candidates MUST be local to Carle Place, L.I., NY. Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation. Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorship or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with all of the above qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ