Application Support Specialist, Legal
Overview:Well established Nassau County Legal Services Firm seeks an Application Support Specialist to Maintain and Enhance the Firm’s Line-of-Business Applications. This person will Liaise with Business Users and Managers to Understand Business Processes and Identify Solutions to Meet Technology Needs and Enhance Systems Functionality. Candidate Must have Current Experience in a Legal / Law Firm Environment and Current Experience with Commercial Legal Software. Experience with ProLaw Software is Strongly Preferred. This is Not a Help Desk or Technical Support Role; we are looking for a Well Rounded Applications Support Professional from the Legal Industry
· Ensuring the Availability and Integrity of All Line-of-Business Application Systems
· Researching, Recommending, and Implementing New and Improved Technology Features
· Ensuring Timely and Effective Application Incident Management and Problem Resolution.
· Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or related area and at least three years of Information Technology experience
· Will have Current Experience working with Commercial Legal Software, ideally ProLaw or Artiva or AbacusLaw
· Must have excellent Problem Solving Skills, knowledge of Tools and Techniques to Recognize, Anticipate, and Resolve Operational and Process Problems related to Key Applications
· Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and prioritize tasks so that deadlines are met
· Will have current experience working with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Windows Servers and Strong MS Office Skills and Basic knowledge of MS SQL Server Database Administration along with an understanding of Key Networking Technologies and Protocols, including TCP/IP, FTP, DNS, and DHCP and a working knowledge of Microsoft File Servers, Including Shares, NTFS Permissions, and Volume Shadow Copies
· Experience in a Legal Environment related to Healthcare is Ideal
· Absolutely must have Strong English verbal and written communication skills and the ability to rapidly learn new software applications and business models and understand new technologies, features, and options. Must have the ability to communicate technical information to both Technical and Non-Technical Users at all levels
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates Must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Westbury, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ