Senior Developer, Web Engineering
The Senior Developer will collaborate with business units to improve the end-user experience and adoption of Web Applications. Will design, build and maintain end-to-end solutions based on business functional requirements. The Developer also ensures that the applications performance metrics meet stated targets. Must be highly analytical and knowledgeable about the latest software products available to the users. Current experience in an MVC environment is a must.
· Develop software and design standards, processes and procedures, and guidelines to ensure they meet business rules and government regulations
· Create user-centered designs based on business and functional requirements, user research, market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings
· Enhance, maintain, and troubleshoot web application requests
· Participate in user research and usability testing to help improve the user experience
· Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently
· BS in Computer Science or Equivalent work experience
· 5+ years of software development experience
· Understanding of Full Development Life cycle
· E-commerce experience a plus
· Relational Databases (SQL Server)
· Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX
· Comfortable with Agile and Iterative Methodologies
· Experience using software project lifecycle tools (i.e. Bug Tracking, TeamCity, GitHub, Requirements Management, etc…)
· Experience with server side architectures and system design and development
· Experience with NoSQL technologies such as Redis, MongoDB, MemCache
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Hauppauge, L.I., NYPlease do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.