Web Engineering Manager
· We are seeking a results-oriented, hands-on Senior Manager of Web-Engineering to manage e-commerce, site architecture and web based application development.
· Will manage a Team of Front & Back End Developers and will have experience with Agile Development Methodologies.
· Will partner with the business stakeholders to deliver outstanding platforms, solutions and user experiences. Will provide leadership in the concept, design, and development of new technologies and capabilities.
· Will represent the technical team during business strategy and vendor meetings.
· Must have a deep knowledge of web architecture and scalability, web security, data manipulation and database technologies are required.
· Must have a background in eCommerce environments
· Motivate and manage Web Developers, Engineers, Project Managers and Quality Assurance Engineers (approximately 15 FTE’s).
· Will inspire an agile development environment through a culture of direct and open communications.
· Manage a continuous integration, test driven workflow to deliver value through frequent code releases.
· Partner with senior management to improve the eCommerce platform to drive growth and to meet the needs of our customers.· Exhibit a strong work ethic and be able to work collaboratively under critical timeframes/deadlines
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering with 7-8 years related experience or a demonstrated equivalence in work experience.
· Must have a minimum of 2-4 years of eCommerce experience.
· Will have at least 2-4 years of Agile Team Management.
· Should have, at a minimum, 6-8 years of experience with Web Application Development and extensive experience using .Net as well as relational databases such as SQL and MySQL.
· Proven hands on experience managing a team with Agile Methodology.
· Proven track record of building scalable Web Applications in a heterogeneous technical environment.
· Experience with Web and Application Deployment and Continuous Integration. TeamCity and Git / GitHub experience is a deciding plus
· Experience customizing and integrating with legacy systems via a variety of methodologies including, SOAP, REST and Batch processing.
· Solid understanding of the technology side of SEO and social media considerations.
· Will have experience managing external vendor relationships and SaaS deployments (must know integration, process flow and data flow)
· Ability to take initiative, and contribute to new ideas required in a diverse, fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment.
· Ability to research and develop comprehensive technical specifications that bridge business/product need with systems design/deliverables
· Superior analytical skills, including risk mitigation, and build vs. buy scenarios.
· Partner cross-functionally with corporate network and infrastructure support staff to ensure high standards of online performance
· Experience in delegating tasks, training and mentoring junior talent and building trust.
· Absolutely must have excellent English written and verbal communications skills.
This is a permanent, full time position.All candidates MUST be local to Hauppauge, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
(All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications)