Director of MIS
• Responsible for all Information Technology capabilities including servers and central processing hardware, LAN, WAN, MIS, ERP application(s), Database Management, all peripheral software, applications management, personal computers and desktop management.
• Directs, delegates and coordinates these responsibilities through subordinate staff.
• Responsible for the continuous functioning, security, and maintenance of all IT infrastructures, implementation of new or modified applications and the addition of new hardware, network linkages, software, and peripherals.
• Directs and coordinates all development and production activities of the Management Information Systems (MIS) department.
• Develops and implements operational policies, procedures and work standards to provide information, utilities and related services to the organization.
• Oversees the Operations Center, information processing platforms and computer/communication/network operations and support personnel.
• Technical expert providing support and advice to end users in solving operational problems with available technology (hardware, software, database, networks, etc.).
• Works closely with users, IT staff, and vendors to assure the availability and compatibility of services.
• Consults with management to analyze computer system needs for management information and functional operations, to determine scope and priorities of projects, and to discuss system capacity and equipment acquisitions.
• Develops, implements, and monitors management information systems policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and legal and regulatory compliance.
• Recommends and develops plans for systems development and operations, hardware and software purchases, budget, and staffing.
• Manages the design, development, testing/debugging, implementation, installation, maintenance, and operation of information and functional systems for the organization.
• Manages the creation of documentation needed for the installation and maintenance of software applications.
• Negotiates and contracts with consultants, technical personnel, and vendors for services and products related to IT.
• Provides support to end users in the selection, procurement, usage, and maintenance of software programs and hardware.
• Provides formalized, continuing work direction and leadership to assigned team(s), including the scheduling, assignment, and review of project work.
• Coordinates the use of internal technical support personnel and vendor support to provide higher levels of troubleshooting and maintenance.
• Tracking, monitoring, and communicating project progress against plan, requirements, standard processes and milestones.
• Reviews reports of computer and peripheral equipment production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine costs and impact, and address problems.
This is a permanent, full time position. Not a contract.
Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Central Islip, L.I., NY.
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Friday, July 15, 2011
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.