.Net, C# Software Developer
Overview: The Software Developer is responsible for Full Lifecycle Development, including Modeling, Governance, Warehousing, Integration and Delivery Aspects of Web Based Applications. Also responsible for Report Development, SQL Development, and
System Administration in our Flexible and Fast Paced Environment.
- Develops new Web and Windows Applications and Services using .Net and SQL technologies.
- Collaborates with team members and end users to develop application systems and related business processes.
- Develops stored procedures, functions and other objects to support software solutions
- Performs unit testing and assists with troubleshooting existing systems.
- Maintains day to day business processes/ bug fixes in supported systems.
- Completes software projects by developing and executing software testing components, developing automation solutions throughout software development life cycle to identify issues.
- Performs test case development, tests results analysis, defects reporting, requirements review, test case review, code review and software architecture review.
- Performs or assists in creation of back-end databases and works with DBAs to implement a turnover plan.
- Identifies and resolves programming problems by following various methods, system development methodologies, and through guidance of more senior software developers.
Working Relationships / User Interface:
- Regular contact with management and team members to clarify user needs and plan delivery of major product changes and future versions
- Contact as needed with users to gathering information pertaining to request and ensuring solution provided meets needs
- Reviews current practices to improve efficiencies and identifies opportunities to achieve more simplified, scalable solutions for software, process, reporting, or other technology improvements and make recommendations to management.
- Develops, implements, and maintains internal and external reports utilizing SQL Server Reporting Services to assist in all business and technology aspects of daily operations.
- Learns and develops new skills through training processes to enhance technical expertise and general organizational contribution.
- Documents program code in accordance with development standards and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field; Advanced Degree a plus
- Minimum of 3 years working as a Programmer / Software Developer in a C#, ASP.Net environment; any experience using Scala a deciding plus
- Core knowledge of Software Design and Architecture along with experience with integration with third party systems
- Proficient with ASP.Net, C#.Net, ADO.Net, IIS, SQL, XML, Web Services and ideally Scala
- Experience with Relational Databases: SQL Server, Stored Procedures, Triggers, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Crystal Reports
- Current experience with WCF, MVC, and MVVM, PowerShell, LINQ, Telerik, Infragistics, Agile, and TDD
- Should know AJAX, HTML5, and Silverlight Technologies
- Skilled with Microsoft Office Software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc…
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail
- Must work effectively both individually and within team environments
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities in a deadline driven environment
- Will have demonstrable problem solving and organizational skills
- Experience in financial industry preferred
- Absolutely must have effective written, listening and verbal communication skills
This is a Permanent, Full Time Position, NOT A CONTRACT
All Candidates MUST be local to Smithtown, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, NO Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ