Programming/Development Manager (Insurance)
The Programming/Development Manager will lead and direct the Application Development Team and will be responsible for the Architecture of Innovative Technical Solutions in support of the firm’s Business Goals. Must be skilled in: critical thinking, effective communication, project management, and resource management. This Manager must have experience in the Insurance Industry and the systems that support it and will be a self-starter who exhibits creativity, innovation and is results oriented.
- Develop and ensure a sound strategic and technical direction for the group
- Architect innovative, cost-effective solutions
- Challenge the Development Team towards continuous improvement
- Will provide highly-technical leadership to identify and implement new and innovative uses for IT in support of the Firm’s Business Units in alignment of their strategic objectives
- Define and implement process improvements and standards to enhance quality and services to the End Users
- Must maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies within the Insurance Industry and IT in general.
- Responsible to accurately assess timelines for deliverables and to ensure that departmental efforts are in line with those timelines
- Communicate with IT Management on project/task status and coordinate implementation efforts between all IT Departments
- A Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience), Advanced Degree a plus
- Will have demonstrated the ability to make thoughtful, fact-based decisions, while managing multiple, competing priorities
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work collaboratively in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments
- Will have a demonstrable, proven ability to drive change
- Insurance industry experience is required
- Absolutely must have excellent English communication skills and ability to interact with technical and non-technical staff and users at all levels
This is a permanent, full time position. NOT A CONTRACT
All candidates MUST be local to Island Park, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation. Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Agencies or Recruiters unless you represent a local, permanent candidate with the above qualifications.
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ