Business Analyst - Software Tester (Islip, NY 11751)
· Meet with end users to identify, assess, document, and review business requirements. Translate business requirements into detailed functional requirements and provide testing of in-house applications. Advise on methods to improve business processes.
· Work closely with Users to Define Needs, Provide Business Analysis, Prioritize Deliverables and Provide Technical Support
· Respond to requests for retrieval and compilation of information from the firm's database systems; respond to requests for any projects that might utilize spreadsheets, database tools and related software.
· Identify and develop test strategies; perform extensive application testing and provide documentation and feedback to the software developers.
· Analyze test plan and results to ensure the finished product meets software functional requirements and user’s needs. Test deliverables to ensure that they meet the Users needs
· Determine readiness of new software programs and enhancements for end users. Coordinate installation/implementation with end users.
· Work closely with software development team to ensure functional requirements are accurately implemented.
· Create and update project plans and software requirement specifications.
· Create program documentation and software release notices.
· Track, investigate and resolve issues escalated from the help desk support team.
· Proactively initiate, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with Users at all levels
· Bachelor’s Degree; Advanced Degree a plus along with at least 3-5 years of experience as a Business Analyst with experience in Software Quality Assurance and Testing
· Must have solid, current experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.), MS Access, Toad or similar tools for Data Analysis / Data Manipulation. Should also have experience writing SQL Queries
· Will have strong interpersonal skills with excellent oral and written English communications skills.
· Demonstrated abilities working both Independently and in Team environments
· Will be detail oriented and will possess excellent time management and prioritization skills
· Independent problem solver with the ability to multi-task/manage multiple projects
· Experience in the B2B and B2C Consumer Product industry a plus
THIS IS NOT A CONTRACT. This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to Islip, NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE U.S. WILL NOT BE READ