SQL Database Administrator (Huntington, NY 11743)
- Responsible for Maintenance, Performance Tuning and Preventive Care for the firm's Relational Database Mgmt System (RDBMS) infrastructure. Will identify and resolve problems affecting database performance while monitoring systems and platforms for availability.
- Analyze, consolidate and tune databases for optimal efficiency. Develop capacity plans based on the assessment of both current and future requirements.
- Perform logical design and physical implementation of data services layer. Design and document database architecture including data modeling.
- Oversee and schedule activities for Managed-Services Administrators, including identifying thresholds, reviewing problem tickets, preparing work orders, and monitoring activities and efforts.
- Analyze capacity and performance requirements.
- Understand and manage SQL Server License agreements.
- Develop patch strategy to comply with vendor and security requirement including installing and testing upgrades.
- Assists in approving and/or prevents the implementation of programs and databases into the production system based on adherence to the firm's development standards and guidelines of “good computing practices.
- Work with Technology Business Analysts, QA and IT Infrastructure Support Teams to develop RDBMS solutions.
- Evaluate and recommend new database technologies.
- Monitor for security gaps, participate in security review activities and take corrective action to remediate any vulnerabilities. Harden database to comply with the firm's security policies and setup interfaces to security utilities.
- Build database schemes, tables, procedures and permissions. Develop database utilities and automated reporting.
- Provide server application software installation and support
- Will oversee Backup, Clustering, Mirroring, Replication and Failover and prepare for restoration and recovery of databases and provide 24/7 support for critical situations.
- Document and setup database refresh processes and procedure to copy Production environments into development.
- Support multiple system environments for development, testing, training and production releases of both in-house and vendor packages
- Follow SDLC procedures when executing all programming initiatives proposed from our IS Business Team associates.
- Provides weekly status updates based on projects and maintain the weekly project hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Advanced degree a plus. Must have strong, current experience as a hands-on Production DBA with Microsoft SQL Server 2005-2008R2, 2012 & 2014
- Current experience with logical/physical data design competency in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with database monitoring and database performance tools.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask is required and Ability to effectively interface and communicate with engineering teams.
- MS SQL configuration, installation, and performance/troubleshooting databases. Experience integrating third party systems using ETL tools (e.g. SSIS)
- Experience installing and working with DB client connectivity including ODBC, JDBC communications.
- Fluent in SQL and Transact SQL and writing stored procedures.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory to Manage Security, Database Replication Service, and Database Link Services.
- Experience working on large projects as part of cross functional team. Should have experience supporting databases that are part of a Service Oriented Architecture.
- Knowledge of SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Analysis Services (SPSAS) would be preferred
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft, Business Objects, Hyperion, and Redgate SQL Source Control is ideal; working knowledge of Microsoft APS Database is preferred
- Knowledge of distribution/warehouse, Java Development as well as Server Virtualization experience is a plus
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to Huntington, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ