Help Desk / Technical Support Engineer
International Retail Firm seeks a Hands-On Technical Support / Help Desk Engineer. This individual will work to resolve Computer Hardware and Software issues for our Corporate Headquarters in Plainview and will also require travel to various locations throughout Long Island.
· Provide phone and helpdesk support to corporate and off-site users.
· Identify, diagnose, and resolve level one PC Software and Hardware issues for corporate and offsite locations.
· Assist and support corporate and retail software applications.
· Answer and resolve user calls to help desk.
· Record and track support calls, including documenting of notes and resolution in help desk system.
· Install and configure hardware and software at corporate and offsite locations.
· Travel to various locations in Nassau, Suffolk and Staten Island for onsite support for software and hardware repair/replacement.
· Participates in special projects as needed.
· Strong, current knowledge of Windows and PC/Hardware skills a must.
· Strong English verbal and written communications skills.
· Motivated independent self-starter.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Ability to work well in team-oriented environment.
· Ability to take initiative and responsibility.
· Capable of troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
· Help Desk or PC support experience is needed.
· Must be available to work weekends and be on call as required.
· Must possess valid NYS Drivers license.
· Must be able to perform physical activities and lift equipment.
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US. All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Plainview, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE USA WILL NOT BE READ