SQL Server DBA / Developer
Seeking a Database Administrator / SQL Developer to manage Multiple SQL Databases in a Highly Dynamic Environment. The DBA/Developer will be part of a Team working in support of operational and project related activities while providing support to other Departments and Teams as required to achieve business goals..
· Must have strong, current experience as a SQL DBA / Developer
· Will write SQL Queries and have experience in Creating, Tuning and Debugging SQL Code ( Tables, Stored Procedures, Views )
· Monitors Development, QA and Production Environments
· Will Create, Modify and Maintain SSIS Packages
· Knowledge of Reporting and Query Tools and Practices
· When Performance Issues Arise, Determine the Most Effective Way to Increase Performance including Server Configuration Changes, or Index/Query Changes
· Document the Company’s Database Environment
· BE or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Information Technology or related field preferred
· Must have current experience with Database Administration, Database Tuning, Database Management, Database Security
· Strong RDBMS: SQL Server 2008 and above and knowledge of Reporting and Query Tools and Practices
· Will have current experience in a SQL 2008 Environment.
· Create Database Objects such as Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers, etc...
· Maintain Referential Integrity, Domain Integrity and Column Integrity by using the available options such as Constraints, etc... Identify columns for Primary Keys in all the Tables at the Design Time and Create them.
· Create Functions to provide Custom Functionality as per the requirements.
· Be aware of potential Blocking or Deadlocking and write code to avoid those situations.
· Endure that the code is written keeping in mind any Security Issues such as SQL Injection.
· Knowledge of SQL Programming and SSIS Packages.
· Will be Self-Motivated and Self-Directed, with Keen Attention to Detail
· Knowledge of AS/400 and Ecommerce a plus
· MS SQL Certification a plus
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to Suffolk County, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ