We are seeking an Software Automation Engineer / Developer to work with our web development, quality assurance and operations teams. Will to create software tools and utilities for automated test execution and work closely with our web engineering and business teams to build an automation framework that provides comprehensive test coverage. Our goal is to improve overall product quality for our eCommerce web sites and customer service applications.
· Design and develop a robust, efficient automation test framework within agile development process
· Lead automated test development efforts for front end web site and applications
· Web development of new features and bug fixes for eCommerce web site functionality, web services and salesforce.com customer service application
· Be the advocate for rest of team on how to utilize the automation framework to provide high quality software
· Automate as much of the testing effort as possible with a minimum set of code/scripts
· Integrating automated test scripts and reporting with continuous integration builds
· BS in Computer Science or Equivalent work experience
· Experience and proficiency with test tools such as Selenium, JMeter, etc.
· 2+ years experience implementing an automation test framework and also extending existing automation test frameworks.
· Experience developing efficient and maintainable automation scripts using Agile practices that works across multiple browsers and devices
· Version control tools (Git, SVN), and Continuous Integration tools (TeamCity, Jenkins)
· Certifications and training using automation tools and development a plus
· Proven ability to translate functional requirements and use-cases into working test plans and test cases
· Knowledge of SQL and databases
· Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
· Broad knowledge of multi-tier application development methodology
· Passion for learning new technologies and knowledge sharing with wider team
· Strong team player able to manage changing priorities and assist other team members as needed
· Salesforce.com and Demandware development or test automation experience with those platforms are a plus. Jira experience a plus
· Experience using software project lifecycle tools (i.e. Bug Tracking, Requirements Management, etc…).
· Absolutely must have strong English written and oral communication skills
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Plainview, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ