Point of Sale Programming/Applications Development Lead, C++
Very successful Regional Retail Firm with Headquarters on Long Island seeks a Senior Developer with Solid C++ Development Skills. This is a Lead Position for our Point of Sale/Point of Service System and requires +/- 10 years of Development experience. Projects include New Development, Enhancing Functionality to help us keep our Competitive Edge and Leveraging the Newest Technologies. The right person for this role will Possess a Strong Passion for Software Development, Have a Desire to Explore and Work On Emerging Technologies as well as Legacy Environments and will be Highly Self-Directed, Motivated and Energetic.
Requirements:· BS in Computer Science or Related Field, Advanced Degree Preferred
· Must have Strong Core Skills in C++; the Ideal Person Will be Experienced in Multiple Environments
· Will Research, Assess and Make Decisions on Appropriate Technologies for use on Multiple Projects.
· Will have Exceptional Technical and Analytics Skills. Will develop and maintain best practices and quality processes for entire SW development function
· Must be Flexible and Open to Working on Multiple Platforms and Development Environments.
· Solid OOP, Design Patterns and Relation Database Experience (SQL)
· Mobile App Development (Objective C, Mono) a plus
· Exposure to Agile Methodologies, TDD, or Continuous Integration is also a plus
· Must Work Well both Independently and Within Team Environments.
· Must Have Strong Oral and Written English Communication Skills and be Able to Interface with Users, Both Technical and Non-Technical at All Levels
· Must be able to successfully pass a complete background check and drug test
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.