VP of Information Security
• The VP, Information Security will be responsible for the enterprise information security program as defined by the firm’s Management and the regulatory agencies with industry oversight.
• Will provide supervision and direction regarding all security requirements for areas (Applications, Systems, Networks, Peripherals, General Infrastructure, etc…) relating to the enterprise structure.
• Perform all security monitoring duties to ensure safety and soundness for the full scope of operations activities while establishing a dynamic oversight relationship aligned with the business and business support groups
• Will define, deploy and enforce the enterprise wide security policies, using comprehensive reporting tools and formalized documentation practices
• Will manage the Compliance Department activities and ensuring that the security and compliance policies are synchronized and maintained in parallel.
• Must have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience working within Information Security and Compliance using approved principles and practices, “hands on” security management toolset design and implementation experience, and general management skills (administrative, projects, and mentoring)
• Strong communication and professional inter-personal skills are mandatory, must have strong written/oral communication skills
• Must be able to work independently
• Must possess a seasoned and demonstrable working knowledge of Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) principles and disciplines, including but not limited to creating and managing security programs, proactively assessing vulnerabilities and threats, utilizing tools and methods to monitor activity, adhering certification guidelines and mandates to business line activities, effectively ensuring a structure of safety and soundness to the organization
• Strong working knowledge and practice in Business Continuity Programs and overall disaster recovery principles
• Hands on experience with:
• Security Information Event Management Systems (SIEM)
• Database Activity Monitoring Systems (DAM)
• Data Leakage Prevention Systems (DLP)
• Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
• Intrusion Detection systems (IDS)
• Encryption appliances and applications
• MS Office especially in Word and Excel
This is a permanent, full time position. Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Huntington, L.I., NY.
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.