• Responsible for overseeing all accounting and reporting functions for the firm and its subsidiaries.
• Must be highly motivated and proactive in streamlining processes and procedures.
• Must have experience leading a talented staff in delivering accurate and timely results
• Management of accounting staff (8-10 people): ongoing mentoring, feedback, performance reviews, hire/fire, etc…
• Must have experience with consolidations
• Oversee monthly, quarterly and annual Financial Statement preparations
• Oversee Financial Reporting package for review: IFRS, Consolidated US GAAP and stand-alone. Develop process improvements to maximize efficiencies within the Accounting group.
• Will prepare for and participate in the year-end audit process and work with external auditors during the annual audit.
• Participate in special projects as needed
• Ideally will have a mix of Public and Private Accounting experience
• At least 2 years of Management experience and at least 5-7 years of Accounting experience
• Should have experience in exceeding expectations along with a strong work ethic
• Must have a demonstrated history of multitasking
• Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills and solid user interface skills at all levels
• Must have a proven history of meeting tight deadlines
• Will have experience/proficiency in Windows based applications, a strong MS Office background and ideally experience with a mainstream Accounting software suite such as Great Plains, Sage MAS or Aplicor
• Degree in Accounting is a must, advanced degree is a plus, a CPA is preferred.
This is a permanent, full time position. Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Farmingdale, L.I., NY.
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Friday, August 5, 2011
- Rich Murphy, BryceNet, Inc. (516) 665-3595
- Merrick, NY, United States
- Executive Recruiter with over 30 year's of experience. Currently I'm the Managing Director of BryceNet, Inc., a boutique Executive Search Firm based in Long Island, NY. The firm specializes in Information Technology, primarily in the New York Metropolitan area. I had previously been with CompuSearch/Management Recruiters (Aug 1984 - Mar 2010). While at MRI,I had been the number one Account Executive in the nation numerous times, and I wasconsistently among the top 5 Account Executives nationwide. I was the first and only Account Executive to reach 6 million dollars of production; I had also been named the #2 Account Manager for the Decade of the '90's. I had consistently lead the Woodbury office to its position as the #1 Office in the nation. Prior to that, I served 9 years in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in the Military, I received a full scholarship to college through the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Philosophy: I will always do what is in the best interest of everyone involved. I will never try to force a situation if it not a win-win for both the employer and candidate.