Network / Data Communications Analyst / Engineer (Charlotte, NC 28078)
Resumes without full name and current address (city and state a minimum) will not be reviewed
The Network / Data Communications Engineer will manage Network Routers, Switches, Load Balancers and other related components to ensure the highest level of availability and security of the supported business applications. This position is responsible for Architecting Network Solutions and will serve as the highest-level escalation point for the Data Communications Team.
· Designs, plans and implements networks using the latest technology in line with our plans for business growth. Takes full responsibility for and manages small to large network projects.
· Researches and evaluates new network communications technologies and makes recommendations to management.
· Development and design of highly available, highly integrated, secure, flexible, and fault-tolerant networking systems.
· Responsible for network performance; ensures capacity planning is performed, and is proactive in assessing and making recommendations for improvement.
· Provides daily support of LAN, WAN, Wireless and E-Commerce Network Infrastructures. This includes: monitoring, administering and troubleshooting to maximize network availability. Designs and Supports F5 LTM and GTM load balancers.
· Performs physical setup, installation, configuration and troubleshooting of network devices.
· Work closely with Help Desk and Distributed Systems Groups to provide 2nd and 3rd level support of network issues.
· Updates and documents data communications systems and procedures as required.
· Designs, Implements and Supports Cisco Nexus Core and Distribution LAN Technologies, Applications Optimization, Load Balancing and WAN Optimization.
· Responsible for Access Switch Technologies involving Stacking, POE, QOS and Fiber
· Ensures that change control policies and procedures are followed.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related; Advanced Degree a plus
· CCNP, CCDP, or CCIE Certifications are preferred. ITIL v3 Foundations Certification strongly preferred
· Strong, current hands on experience with LAN and WAN Architectures and Technologies and in Engineering Cisco Nexus line of Switches and Cisco ISR and ASR’s required.
· Will have strong, current experience with F5 LTM and GTM Load Balancers
· Minimum three years supporting Riverbed (or similar products)
· Solid experience with Network Acceleration Utilities / WAN Optimization; Riverbed is ideal
· Experience Troubleshooting Complex Network Issues utilizing Network Sniffer Based Technologies
· Ability to provide 24x7 Emergency Support for troubleshooting.
Technology Wish List:
· Routing: Cisco ASR and ISR; COS (Class of Service) and OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP Interior and Exterior Routing Protocols
· Switching: Cisco Nexus 7k/5k/2k and 6500. Switch Stacking Technology; Switch QOS (Quality of Service)
· DNS, ARP, FTP, TFTP Network Based Applications
· Firewalls: Cisco ASA and Palo Alto
· Load Balancers: F5 LTM and GTM
· Network Protocols: STP (Spanning Tree Protocol), HSRP (Hot Stand by Routing Protocol), VLAN(s), VRRP (Virtual Redundant Routing Protocol), TCP/IP Protocol Suite
· MPLS Network Design
· Management and Support of SolarWinds Orion Suite of Products
· Circuit Fault Tolerant Failover Support that utilizes DSL, Cable or Wireless Technologies
· Branch Wireless Access Over Private VPN
· Experience with Enterprise Class Network Management/Monitoring Systems is a plus.
· Absolutely Must have solid English Oral and Written Communication Skills
This is a permanent, full time position. All candidates MUST be local to Charlotte, NC. Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation. Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorship or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with all of these qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ