Underwriter, Commercial Auto (Jacksonville, FL 32223)
We are looking for a Senior Underwriter for our Commercial Automotive Division. The selected Candidate will have five years of experience with Commercial Auto and Long Haul Trucking Underwriting.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Must have at least five years of current experience with Commercial Automotive and Long Haul Trucking Underwriting. Current Commercial Automotive industry experience is a must.
- Determine and prioritize submissions to be underwritten
- Analysis of submissions for acceptability in compliance with the Underwriting Guide and within approved Underwriting Levels of Authority.
- Based on the above evaluation; rate, non-renew, decline, bind, or renew the risk.
- Place Facultative Reinsurance as needed
- Responsible for Technical Risk Analysis
- Responsible for setting up new policies for issuance.
- Responsible for placing business through the non-admitted market for risks that do not qualify for the firm’s programs.
- Review, Approve and Process Renewal Policies.
- Will review and generate Underwriting cancellations. Will review and generate non-renewals
- Review of Loss Control Inspections
- This position requires extensive interface with Brokers regarding Underwriting issues; will be responsible for building relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Will have the proven ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships
- Assist in the professional development of Underwriting Assistants and Underwriting Technicians.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
This is a permanent, full time position, NOT A CONTRACT. All candidates MUST be local to Jacksonville, FL. Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation. Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, NO Visa sponsorship or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with ALL of these qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ