Director, Data Communications / Voice / Mobility (Farmingdale, NY 11735)
The Director, Director of Data Communications, Voice and Mobility will be responsible for the strategic planning, design and implementation of the firm’s infrastructure and will strive for 100% uptime while adhering to service levels as defined for support of our internal and external customers and clients.
- Responsible for the overall availability, performance optimization, security, and health of the firm’s Voice, Data and Mobility Infrastructures. Oversight and approval of all strategies, architectures and design for our Data Communications, Voice Communications and Mobility Infrastructures
- Will work closely with Business Units and Users to establish requirements resulting in the delivery of successful solutions
- Will have ultimate ownership for troubleshooting all Voice and Data Communication and Mobility issues; oversees the IT Service Desk Team to ensure the team is ready to offer second and third level technical support.
- Works with Information Security and Internal Audit to ensure that all security and compliance needs are met; responsible for adherence to defined service levels and for reporting on team metrics.
- Ensures that all Voice and Data Communications policies and procedures are kept up-to-date, including security, network monitoring, 7x24 support, backup, disaster recovery, patch and configuration management, hardware and software upgrades.
- Works closely with Infrastructure and Operations staff to ensure that common infrastructure is functioning and current within our primary and backup data centers.
- Ensure that infrastructure supports all business continuity needs for the firm and ensures the highest levels of systems availability is maintained
- Has full responsibility for the IT Voice and Data Communications and Mobility Disaster Recovery and High Availability Plans. Owns and addresses all Internal and External Audit items, PCI compliance items, and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance items. Works closely with Information Security to ensure designs meet Audit and PCI compliance needs.
- Verifies that proper Voice, Data and Mobility Infrastructure security is in place for device security, firewalls, and intrusion detection and prevention.
- Develops and monitors system performance to include capacity and utilization plans in support of the firm.
- Develops metrics for system and department and measures team performance against them which includes but not limited to the availability and uptime, user activity, trending, performance, etc.
- Reviews technical documentation created by members of the team and provides guidance and input to the Infrastructure and Operations Team.
- Ensures that all Voice and Data Communications related software and hardware maintenance contracts, licenses and software keys are up to date, in place, signed, tracked, in budget, and adheres to MSC policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science; Advanced Degree a plus
- Strong, current experience in managing large-scale Voice, Data and Mobility environments
- Must have full cycle project management experience & significant budget responsibilities.
- Experience with Class of Service prioritization. VOIP experience is highly preferred.
- Will ideally have more than one of the following certifications: CCIE, CNA, NCA, NCTE, ACA, ACE, MCSE and ITIL.
- Experience negotiating with network and voice carriers and vendors to obtain optimal agreements
- Will have experience working in Cisco, Aruba, Avaya and Nortel heterogeneous environments while supporting ACD systems, configurations, voice, and call processing. Will be responsible for the monitoring and management of our Voice and Data Infrastructure
- Complete understanding of TCP/IP, DLSw, DNS, DHCP, IANA, OSPF, and BGP. Experience with Active Directory, Firewalls and Proxy Servers along with security solutions such as IDS/IPS Systems.
- Understanding of Network load balancing; current Cisco and F5 models experience is preferred.
- Strong team building and personnel management experience is necessary.
- Absolutely must have excellent English verbal, written and documentation skills
- Must be open to occasional travel.
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). All resumes from Consulting / Contract firms will be rejected.
Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US. All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents.
All candidates MUST be local to Farmingdale, L.I., NY. Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation. Relocation is NOT an option.
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES WILL NOT BE REVIEWED