LAN / WAN Administrator - Engineer
- Will provide Design and Support for all aspects of Network Infrastructure: LAN/WAN, Hardware, Software, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Management Systems, and Monitoring Systems.
- Will provide diagnoses, resolution, and documentation in all aspects of supporting, implementing and managing an enterprise network environment. Resolve hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Will work closely with LAN/WAN Users to evaluate performance needs and goals and make recommendations which will enhance operations and availability of the Network Environments.
- Must have worked on a project from beginning to end that involved a major update or roll out. Will have a demonstrable ability to completely manage a project from thought to completion. Includes managing stake holder expectations and ensuring the project completes on time and on budget.
- Ensures that the performance and availability of the network infrastructure is maintained to the highest standards in order that maximum productivity is achieved.
- Design, Configuration, Implementation, and Support of all network components including Day-to-Day Operations of Hosting environments
- High level administration of Active Directory and Exchange
- Manage Internal Projects and Create and/or Modify Group Policies as directed
- Troubleshooting of Exchange and AD Databases. Day-to-day responsibility for health and security of Exchange and Active Directory
- Analysis of complex network problems and coordination of resolutions, provide troubleshooting and diagnostic services.
- Conduct and assists in product evaluations and research, including beta testing and analysis of network tools, hardware and software.
- Maintain complete detail technical documentation of the network environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems related field or equivalent work experience in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Advanced Degree a plus
- Must have strong, current experience with LAN and WAN based technologies and protocols, Switching & Routing and proficiency with TCP/IP.
- Expertise Level Layer 1 through 3 troubleshooting ability
- Must have solid, current hands-on experience with the installation, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of multi-user, multi-protocol networks, ideally in large enterprise environments with significantly distributed infrastructures (i.e. branch offices, stores, etc.)
- Previous experience with design and implementation of large complex networks as well as with coordinating vendors, carriers and other service provider activities
- Absolutely must have excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, No Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ