Major Retailer is looking for a SQL Developer to be involved in managing a number of SQL Server Databases in our very dynamic environment. You will support operational and project related activities, provide technical and operational support to various departments and teams to support business objectives.
· Work within a team environment to write SQL Queries, Create, Tune and Debug SQL Code: Tables, Stored Procedures, Views. Create Database Objects such as Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers etc.
· Performs daily tasks to Monitor Development, QA and Production environments
· Maintain ETL Packages (SSIS, T-SQL); develop proficiency to create new packages
· Document the firm’s database environment
· Write ad-hoc queries to answer business requests and needs; modify existing queries (new columns) to enhance functionality
· Identify columns for Primary Keys in all the tables at the time of design and create them.
· Create custom functions to provide functionality as per the requirements.
· Maintain referential integrity by using the available options such as constraints, etc...
· Maintain awareness of potential blocking, deadlocking and write code to avoid those situations.
· BE/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field preferred
· MS SQL Certification a plus
· Must have current experience in a SQL 2008 R2 environment.
· Should have current experience with the following: SQL Server 2008 R2, Database Administration, Database Tuning, Database Management, Database Security, RDBMS, HTML, XML, SSIS
· Knowledge of SQL Programming.
· Knowledge of / experience with: SSIS Packages, XML, HTML, AS/400 and Ecommerce a plus
· Must be self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail, a self-starter, highly organized, hands-on, and a team player.
This is a permanent, full time position.
All candidates MUST be local to Hauppauge, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and must reside locally. Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or Transfers at this time. No 3rd Party Recruiters unless you represent a local candidate with these qualifications
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE US WILL NOT BE READ